1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slide Show Viewing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lschul, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I have been taking some digital shots and like to view them on a slide show on my computer. But they don't fill the screen. If I use a photo as a wallpaper it does but just won't fill it when I do a slideshow, any ideas?

2. storage_man

storage_man

You can try the Program IrfanView. Its a great viewer and allows you to resize you pictures to match your screen size. You can then put it in full screen mode and use the space bar to view each slide. The web site for this product is: http://www.irfanview.com/

Have fun

3. slipe

slipe

If the digital shots are from a 2Mp or larger camera they will fill the screen in full screen mode in Irfanview with just about any screen resolution. No need to resize them. In full screen mode you can scroll through images in a folder with the left and right mouse button or the scroll wheel. No need to make a slidshow if you just want to view them on the computer and scroll through them – just put them in the same folder on the HD. If you aren’t in full screen mode you can still scroll through an entire folder with the scroll wheel. Just hit “Enter” to go into and out of full screen.

4. jjb

jjb

If you edit your originals such as croping or resizing they may not appear full screen either.Example: I will magnify, crop and resize to a 4x6 portrait or landscape-originals are full screen and 4x6's about half that. If I resized edited image to fit full screen then you lose image quality.

jjb

5. jjb

jjb

BTW slipe ........................
    ;) Thanks for the tip-I am just learning Ifranview and hadn't figured that one out yet.
    From your tip I also learned that you can do the same from thumbnail.....................view all the images in any given file at once, double left click on any image in thumbnail, hit enter as per your previous instructions and view from there by right or left clicking or scrolling..........................:D COOL!!!!!

jjb

6. slipe

slipe

I also like the Irfanview feature of being able to set a different default size for the thumbnails. With them larger you can sort and delete directly from the thumbnails.

7. hansmax

hansmax

Many programs give you the option under View to change to full screen after you start. I know the ACDSee 3.1 that came with my Pentax does.

8. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Another Cheesehead I hadn't noticed before! :D

9. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

OK, I am using irfanview now but the full screen is still not working, am I missing a setting?

10. slipe

slipe

Hit the “Enter” key or go View>Full screen. If the pictures don’t fill the screen in full screen mode they are too small. You can enlarge them in the normal view by going View>Display Options>Fit Image to Window. But it won’t enlarge them in full screen mode if they are too small to fill the screen.

11. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

when I hit enter, while it is playing, it stops and resets. I did find the other command you spoke of, where are you supposed to hit enter?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/210942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice