1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slide Show

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ajdupont, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,
    I first posted this thread in the MAC O/S section and didn't get a response. So I thought maybe if I moved it to here someone might be able to help me. Here it is.

Hello
    I created a slide show on my computer using WinMe. I gave it to a friend who has a MAC
    computer. This is a self running slide show I created with Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum. It
    runs perfect on WinMe but on his MAC it doesn't. He can view the pictures one at a time by
    double clicking. But I would like to get the slide show to run automatically. Any help here
    would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

ajdupont
    I'm not that familiar with Mac file extensions, however your friend will have to find the convertor from the Windows slide show extension to Mac file extension.
    Searching Here with file conversion criteria should give them some hits.
    Dave

3. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Thanks Davy for the info. But I'm still not sure how to convert a windows exe file to a MAC file that will make it run on the MAC computer. I ran a few searches but didn't really find anything that looked like it would help.
    Thanks again

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

ajdupont
    There are many issues between PC and MAC platforms that Steve and Bill refuse to resolve. Compression and decompression issues come to mind. I guess the bottom line is if your friend has all the PIC's you transmitted and they will have to combine into a slide show. Sorry I cannot come up with any magic solution.
    Maybe someone else has some ideas.
    Dave

5. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Davey
    Thanks for your input.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/51458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice