1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slide Show

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rain4d, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

XP has provision to make a slide show
    (a) Is there a way to change the rate the images change.
    (b) Is it possible to imbed them in a personal website without using html.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

When opening a Document in XP under Pictiure tasks you can view as slide show.
    I haven't heard of the one under Power Toy.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

TweakUI can adjust the slide show speed. It's under Explorer | Slide Show

Or, you can edit the registry:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellImageView
    Add (or Edit) a DWORD value named Timeout. Time is set in Milliseconds.

This setting also affect the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer speed, but not the My Pictures Slideshow screensaver speed.

You must restart Windows Explorer or the Picture and Fax viewer before any change will be seen

HTH

Jerry

5. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

Thanks for that but it's over my head. Had a look at Power Toy and it's installed but I've been unable to get it operating.

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Which Power Toy? The TweakUI power toy, or the HTML Slide Show Wizard?

7. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

HTML Slide show wizard

8. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Haven't tried that one yet, but if you download and install the TweakUI powertoy (same link as above), that's the powertoy where you'll find the setting to change the slide show speed, plus a whole bunch of other settings to play with.

HTH

Jerry

9. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

Thanks for the information it was useful
    Still don't know why the HTML programme installed but can't be used. Anyone know where I have gone wrong.

10. Squashman

Not without giving us a little more information. I can't see your computer so you are going to have to describe what is going on.

11. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

Found it. It was named without the HTML bit. Confusing.
    It said in the writeup it was ready for a web page. I assumed the title meant it would provide the html code but can't see it. I must have been wrong. How would I get it on a web page.

12. Squashman

It creates a website ready html slideshow. You just need a place to host the files. Do you have a current webhost to put the files on.

I created a slideshow and called it Denver. It created a Folder in My Documents for me with the folder named denver. All the files and folders inside the Denver folder need to be uploaded to a website. So I just FTP into my webhost and upload the folder Denver to my webhost. Then I point my web broswer to.
    http://gbsps.freeshell.org/Denver/default.htm

13. Squashman

Just a guess, but I think you are using the wrong Slideshow power toy. There are two on that website. You sure you are using the correct one. There is an HTML SlideShow and CD SlideShow.

14. Rain4d

Rain4d Thread Starter

I have now used both. The html one as you say requires use of ftp. That, html, css etc remainds a mystery I have no intention of solving.
    There are a lot of other people like minded so I have published a website to help them. www.freiwebsite.bravehost.com

15. Squashman

I guess I am not understanding your plight. The HTML SlideShow Wizard creates a directory with everything you need. All you do is upload it to your webhost. How hard can that be. You don't have to know any HTML to do that.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice