1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slight code problem?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by tantap, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tantap

tantap Thread Starter

I'm putting the code together for a page. I have been designing web pages for three years and have never tried this before.

I'm attempting to get a minimum of 10 .mid files to play one after the other while the page is open, but keep running into the same problem.

On the "page" they are all linked one following the other like this....

< bgsound src="one.mid" >< bgsound src="two.mid" >< bgsound src="three.mid" >< bgsound src="four.mid" >< bgsound src="five.mid" >< bgsound src="six.mid" >< bgsound src="seven.mid" >< bgsound src="eight.mid" >< bgsound src="nine.mid" >< bgsound src="ten.mid" >
    < /head >
    (without the spaces before and after ...><)

Is there code that would allow that when the last one finishes, it loops back to the first as in href= whatever?

If there is, I'd sure appreciate learning "what" it is. :D

Also, no matter how many times I've checked the code for possible errors, (I can't spot one) it will only play three. It always starts with the one I have listed as number one then randomly plays 2 others then quits. (?)

Should "you" have an idea why this happens, I'd also appreciate an answer to that little problem.

Have a great day,
    Nat

2. deuce868

deuce868

honestly I am suprised you get three to play. I would only think that one would. If you wanted them all why not join them into one sound file and just use the one?

3. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

try this page for info on scripting sound.

I personally would use the embed tag inside an object tag to embed real player, which would load a rm playlist.

Great multi-os, and mulit-browser compatibility

For just ie you could embed WMP with an asx playlist.

Also give control to the user to play and stop the midis

you can try the following page also

http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/bgsound.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/123102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice