1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slight graphics problem with MOHAA

Discussion in 'Games' started by mike12975, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mike12975

mike12975 Thread Starter

Ok here is the deal. My computer specs are

Intel P4 2.0 Ghz
    512 MB DDR Ram
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200

When I play MOHAA, i get these like scan lines or something whenever I move my view quickly. I don't really know what it is. It's kind of like the screen is refreshing or redrawing and it is quite noticeable.

I have the latest drivers and this is the 2nd video card I've had in this computer. The previous was a Geforce 4 MX 420 and it did the same thing. It's not a huge deal but it does bother my game playing experience.

Anyone know what this is and how I could fix it?

2. Derrick

Derrick

I Have the same problem Was wondering if you figured it out .Thanks Derrick

3. mike12975

mike12975 Thread Starter

No I sure haven't. It's good to know that someone else has the same problem tho.

Maybe someone will tell us what the heck it is.

4. weskeng

weskeng

Hmm...I was reading an article about flat screen moniters and was wondering if either ofyou had them...I heard that they can cause problems like this in visually intense games because they update by redrawing the screen or something like that. So anyway my thought is that if you have a flat screen moniter it could be the problem.

5. Party Boy

Party Boy

If you're using a regular CRT monitor check AGP FAstwrite and AGP 4x are enabled in your BIOS

6. mike12975

mike12975 Thread Starter

Well I do have just a regular CRT monitor, it's a Dell E550. I will check the BIOS when I get home and see if that is the problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice