Slipstream - SP1 thru SP3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antimoth

I want to make a slipstreamed XP setup CD's using my XP Home and XP Pro SP1 CD's.

First question: I have to make separate CD's for XP Home and XP Pro, right? For example, If I only built the XP Pro CD, it wouldn't work with the CD key for my XP Home CD?

Second Question: My XP Home Install disk was pre SP1. So I have to include the SP1A, SP2, and SP3 downloads on it? For my XP Pro SP1, I include SP2 and SP3.

I want to make a slipstreamed XP setup CD's using my XP Home and XP Pro SP1 CD's.
First question: I have to make separate CD's for XP Home and XP Pro, right? For example, If I only built the XP Pro CD, it wouldn't work with the CD key for my XP Home CD?

You would need separate slipstreamed CDs for each vesion of XP or for each Product ID.

Second Question: My XP Home Install disk was pre SP1. So I have to include the SP1A, SP2, and SP3 downloads on it? For my XP Pro SP1, I include SP2 and SP3.

All you need to do is slipstream the system with Service Pack 3 and then fully update it as soon as you install it.

Paul Thurrot describes the methodology at his Supersite for Windows. http://www.winsupersite.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts