slipstreaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amavadia

hey, i want to slipstream 3rd party programs into a windows xp installation. ive looked at programs such as nlite and xp lite but they only let you add patches and service packs to the installation. Does anyone know how to add other programs in like nero, or cyberlink dvd etc?

thanks

This would not be slipstreaming.

Slipstreaming is to create a bootable Windows cd/dvd with all service packs and security updates added to avoid having to do it all after an install of the OS.

What you are trying to do is create a recovery cd
install os,
install all wanted programs ( office / antivirus / firewall blah blah )

Norton Ghost / Acronis True Backup and some CDburning software applications will allow you to create a bootable recovery cd

Easy CD creator used to have this functionality I do recall, but I haven't used that pile of junk in a long time
:eek:)

awalker0878

Removed by request
yes create a a folder structure \$OEM$\$1 on the root of your cdrom then you *could* copy your install programs for example adobe6.msi. After that then edit WINNT.SIF add the line like this
[GUIRunOnce]
Command01=%systemroot%\adobe6.msi /qb

amavadia

not really keen on the ghost idea because it will create an image, and it wont work on any other computer with different hardware, however, i think awalker0878 has the idea of what i want to do. where can i learn how to do this properly and understand what the line means?

does it have to be a msi file and will it install it automatically or once windows has been installed, will it open the installer and you have to go through them manually installing them?

amavadia

Hew,

does pe builder not just make a recovery cd? that does not have the full version of winxp on it, jst enough so you can correct the problem on your existing install?

im looking for something that will make an install cd that will install winxp, as well as a load of other 3rd party software all in one?

thx

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
PEbuilder isn't what you want for slipstreaming and adding 3rd party utilities. However, crjdriver I believe had a process to add 3rd party applications to an XP disk. perhaps he'll chime in here and help us out. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online