Slmgr.vbs runs at start up and pop up appears

jlitz88

slmgr runs at start up and pop up appears with "invalid combination of command parameters
" followed by slmgr instructions new install win 11

The license is activated and legit Any ideas on how to get rid of the pop up?

screenshot:

jlitz88

This is a heads up that the poster has a thread for the same issue at another site in order to avoid duplication of efforts.

link to other site - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...ppears-with-invalid-combination-of-command-p/

Thanks for understanding.
No problem just trying to find an answer
This is a heads up that the poster has a thread for the same issue at another site in order to avoid duplication of efforts.

link to other site - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...ppears-with-invalid-combination-of-command-p/

Thanks for understanding.
No problem I'm just trying to find an answer stackoverflow claims they dont handle this type of question. Can not find much on the web. I will eventually figure it out.

No problem just trying to find an answer

No problem I'm just trying to find an answer stackoverflow claims they dont handle this type of question. Can not find much on the web.
I will eventually figure it out.
(y)

If you don't receive any responses at the other site by the time someone here gets to your post, then someone here will help.

Couriant

James
Check the Startup Tab in Task Manager and/or MSCONFIG and see if there is an entry for slmgr and disable it

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There are two other places the file could be "hiding", that I can think of offhand.

Hold down the Windows & R buttons to bring up the Run dialogue box. Within this box, copy & paste the following and then hit OK...

shell:startup

If there's nothing in there, repeat the process for calling up the dialogue box and then copy & paste the following before hitting OK...

shell:common startup

jlitz88

There are two other places the file could be "hiding", that I can think of offhand.

Hold down the Windows & R buttons to bring up the Run dialogue box. Within this box, copy & paste the following and then hit OK...

shell:startup

If there's nothing in there, repeat the process for calling up the dialogue box and then copy & paste the following before hitting OK...

shell:common startup
running those commands : each brings up a different program sharex and stickies even tho I have them both disabled in startup.

jlitz88

i uninstalled both programs so nothing now appears with either command

jlitz88

Just to let you know I did a clean install of Win 11. Problem gone. I was on the dev build and it was just too buggy . Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online