1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slot 1 to Socket 370 adapter.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThePCguy95, Mar 8, 2012.

?

Not too on topic, but... What CPU would you prefer?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2012.
  1. 1.5Ghz Athlon XP

100.0%
  2. 1.4Ghz Pentium III

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2.0Ghz Celeron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1.8Ghz Sempron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95 Thread Starter

Well, I bought one of these things, and it seems like there are no manuals or anything else on the internet about the jumper and dip switch settings. I had found a thread on here from about 4 years ago about the same thing but the link to the download is broken and I was just wondering if anyone had any info...

It is a 370SP REV 1.0, that is all the info on the card other than a small A121 in the bottom right hand corner.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

What is the point of your poll?

3. ThePCguy95

It was placed their to lure you into commenting about what the point of it is. :D

No, It is because I have 4 computers I want to upgrade, but I'm only going to spend money on one of them and those CPU's are each the max that each of them can take. Like I said in it, Its a bit off topic but the Thread was about the 1.4Ghz PIII, so it is somewhat relevant.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You just recently spent money on that adapter? Return it or quit while you're ahead. I don't see the point in spending money on ancient hardware.

5. ThePCguy95

I got it on an eBay auction for 17 cents, with free shipping. I know it works with a 400Mhz Celeron but it uses 2v and the P3 uses 1.5, and I just was trying to figure out what to set the jumpers to so I didn't fry it right off. And it is for a friend who cannot afford to buy anything new, he doesn't have $10 to his name.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There's a huge difference between new and ridiculously old. Any "upgrade" done on parts this old will have almost no appreciable effect on performance or capability. It will play solitaire and save WordPad documents just fine as it is without any upgrades.

7. ThePCguy95

Acually, it does make a difference, taking a 500Mhz P3 up to a 1.4Ghz is a bit of a noticeable difference. And most of the less fortunate people I give computers to really appreciate the fact that I spend my own money to fix computers to give away. At this point you are just being ignorant to the fact that some people don't have a lot of money like some people do. And like I said, people who can afford a real computer are happy with what I can do for them.

8. prunejuice

prunejuice

:rolleyes:

9. ThePCguy95

Well, I finally figured out the adapter, all I got was the voltage settings correct. So if anyone has any more info feel free to post it here or private message me.

And after I replaced the old 500 with the 1.4, and put 768mb ram in it, it will play YouTube videos with no more choppiness, ( I think that's the best word to describe it...). So, Doublehelix, don't go around telling people things like that won't make a difference, because they make a huge one.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I assumed it wouldn't be used on the Internet if the person using it doesn't have any money to pay for the service.

11. ThePCguy95

Actually, they have dsl from att for $10 a month, payed for by his grandmother because he lost both his parents, do you have any more insensitive comments to add?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice