1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slot 1 to socket 370 adapter?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kad, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kad

kad Thread Starter

Hi,

My old machine is dying & i cant afford a new one (im a poor student) so im upgrading/replacing the failing h/w. Im looking for an adapter that will let me run a slot 1 CPU on a socket 370 motherboard. Do these things exist? I can find plenty the other way round, but that it.

2. WarC

WarC

Ex that, I misread.

I don't think you can go from socket to slot, just the other way around.

3. GoLoGo

GoLoGo

SCRATCH THAT..... i also misread...

4. Majixlt

Majixlt

370 as in 300 mgz? thought those were all dead, dodn't know if they would even support the 500 to 900 mgz but you could try a few of the merchents on http://www.pricewatch.com/
    look under Mobo accessories

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

No such thing I'm afraid, but if you look on eBay you'll find more 2nd-hand Socket 370 CPUs than you can shake a stick at.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/319128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice