Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow 720p MKV playback

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Syst3mSh0ck 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 (CPU: AMD Turion 64-x2 TL-60 2.00 GHz, RAM: 4 GB). I am having a problem playing some 720p files, with skips or slowdowns. I tried various players and various codecs to no avail. My current system setting is:

Windows 7 64-bit
MPC Homecinema
CoreAVC

Does anyone have an idea how I can improve the speed of my playback, I'd be happy to post any other info if helpful.

Thanks.

Tuncay

#2 ·
Try the latest build of MPC Homecinema from HERE it has many improvements over the last stable release aka 1.3.1249. It seems like your Turion is not powerful enough to decode the 720p video fast enough, you have two choices, either install ffdshow and go into Options in MPC Homecinema and untick all the Transform filters under the Internal filters sub-menu, then open the ffdshow DXVA configutation panel from the start menu and enable H264 and VC1 hardware-acceleration, or you can leave the DXVA turned off and go into the ffdshow video decoder configuration panel and change everything possible to "ffmpeg-mt" which is an experimetal multi-threaded decoding library. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.