Slow boot (pre-OS)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

uuilliam

Issue: Startup lags on "gigabyte" loading screen for 10 minutes
When I noticed: Our electricity shut off (low credit), this is when I noticed it happening.
Running windows 10, on a KingDan SSD
I've opened the case, ensured all connections are secure.
I removed the HDD's and booted (IT asks "what language" straight away) I also booted linux from a USB and that works straight away, therefor I think the issue is HDD related.

Everything works absolutely spot on, runs perfect when started, the only issue is the 10 minute load time.

I've tried: Resetting the OS
Recovering from USB (wouldn't let me for some reason...)
Chkdsk (fine)

Preferably without losing my files, I can move things from the SSD to the HDD to try a format, but no point if its going to cause the same issue.

Basically, looking for confirmation - how can I fix it?

SysInfo data:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8071 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (76 GB Free); D: 2794 GB (2651 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., B75N
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online