Slow boot up/shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robyn Tang

I recently formatted the computer and re-installed Windows. Since doing so, the BIOS boot up process has been extremely slow...it just hangs with a flashing cursor for about a minute or so before loading Windows. I know its not the case of having too many startup items because I don't have any programs installed yet!

Someone told me it was the motherboard configuration, but I don't know what to do. I updated the BIOS but it didn't help. It seems to take longer to shut down the computer and the mouse cursor lags often too. I have done formatting and re-installation of Windows in the past, but never encountered such a problem like this before.

Motherboard/BIOS: ASUS AV7
CPU: AMD Anthlon 900
256MB memory

(not sure what comp specs are needed)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online