slow boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mangoh

updated thread as last thread went off topic

I have a dell inspiron 1450 and when trying to boot my laptop, it takes ages, the welcome screen and laptop is generally fine so I don't think it is just because its a general problem.

It takes ages on the following:
Click this bar to view the small image.

it loads fast in safe mode

any ideas?

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
Atm on ipod touch, really hard to use TSG, do they have a mobile version/app?
They do indeed. Go to m.techguy.org to find out more.

I'm assuming that the old thread was here. Could you detail in what way you think it went off topic?

I've been plaqued with Slow vista boot issues for it seems years. I searched the forums, tried solutions, but nothing solved it. Yesterday I went into the BIOS and changed a setting that got it booting normally again!
It was a SATA mode setting, that could be set to None, RAID or ACHI. It was set to none. I set it to ACHI. BHAM! slow boot was fixed. Hope this solves someone else's slow booting issues.

mangoh

I've been plaqued with Slow vista boot issues for it seems years. I searched the forums, tried solutions, but nothing solved it. Yesterday I went into the BIOS and changed a setting that got it booting normally again!
It was a SATA mode setting, that could be set to None, RAID or ACHI. It was set to none. I set it to ACHI. BHAM! slow boot was fixed. Hope this solves someone else's slow booting issues.
I have a dell inspiron 1501

any ideas on how to try the same method?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online