1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow booting and freezes because of errors.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hisbeauty4ashes, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hisbeauty4ashes

hisbeauty4ashes Thread Starter

Hi all I have a Tosheba Laptop windows 8.1 and 64 bit.

It takes forever to boot and it freezes and says it has an error and has to restart. I have cleaned it up with Super Antispyware. Checked program start up. Ran sfc/ scannow and it said, " there were some corrupted files it could not fix. Then I ran disk cleaner.

I would appreciate any other help you can provide.

Thanks

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

That message is a sure sign that Windows is feeling a little unwell - perhaps very unwell.

If you have a USB Emergency Boot Disk and you have a recent System Image Backup...... then you are all ready to get your system back to good health. If you don't have either of these then....... :eek:

You could try doing a System Restore. You may just be lucky and have a good copy of your system. Probably the most important thing that System Restore does is restore the Windows Registry to (hopefully) a good state. And Registry problems are one of the most common causes for Windows to feel unwell.

Think of corruption in the Registry as being akin to indigestion and System Restore being akin to Rennie's .... :D

T.

3. hisbeauty4ashes

Well have to do a system restore then. I hate windows 8.1 It just is not a good software... Anyway thanks

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

You are absolutely wrong. W8.1 is an outstanding piece of software engineering. It is by far the most stable OS every produced by Microsoft. Almost every problem that I have ever solved with W8.1 (and I have solved many) have been as a result of some activity undertaken by the User. This could be Malware infection, incorrect settings, installing some awful piece of shareware or freeware or simply plain carelessness by the User.

Is W8.1 perfect..? No, but then it is probably beyond the ability of the human mind to create a perfect piece of software that has some 50 million lines of code. I don't think human evolution has reached that point as yet.

T.

5. hisbeauty4ashes

HA ha! I was not trying insult you in windows 8.1. I was just saying it may be great in your eyes but in mine it is a pain. So there you have it. Some users like other windows software better. I for one am pretty computer savvy . I am not one to download anything unless it is directly from the the website. Even then I am careful. There was no bugs on the computer. So with that said, I for one am trying to get it to run more smoother then it is because it was freezing some and booting slow.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla

The above is taken from your first post. Windows is telling you that there is something wrong with some critical system files. Why these files are corrupted could be due to many reasons - such as the following: -

• Malware
    • Bad sector on the hard disk
    • A program installation that changed a system file
    • An update that for some reason went wrong

Windows is telling you that it has a problem that it cannot fix without your help. There is absolutely no indication that the problem is as a result of some malfunction of Windows. In fact, corruption of system files is almost never as a result of a Windows issue, but almost always as a result of some action by the user.

T.

7. hisbeauty4ashes

My friend has been using one the laptop so if that is the case it is her doing. I have two laptops. When I scanned the laptop it has no malware issues. There has been a problem since buying the Laptop it seemed like it kept having problems with saying it could not lad windows right and it would have to restart. So I might have to take it up with the company. Thanks

8. papaschlumpf

papaschlumpf

I had the same problem so I reset my computer to factory settings working fine again no system errors or registry errors Windows 8.1 is a great system but sometimes things go wrong.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!