1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Check Point [email protected] 500 Firewall

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lunarlander, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lunarlander

lunarlander Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Check Point 500 firewall. And I am getting slow download speeds. Now this piece of hardware is 10 years old, but should it be getting on average 4.2 Mbps download ( avg over 6 speedtest.net sessions to San Jose servers)

Also when I do a speedtest.net test, I can get download speeds of 9/10 Mbps if I connect to Palo Alto. But if I choose San Jose, I get the avg download of 4.2 Mbps. Can someone explain why?

So the Check Point 500 seems to be Capable of running faster. But most times when I download big files, like a Linux ISO, I have to wait 1 hr+.

So I bought a new router, and when I do a speedtest.net test with it, I get 27 Mbps to San Jose. And Linux ISO downloads wait times are around 4 to 7 minutes.

Should I throw away the Check Point?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice