1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow compppp after windows update

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by leezso, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leezso

leezso Thread Starter

hi all

sorry to flood this place-- i'm just having crazy problems with my computer.

i just went to the windowsupdate.microsoft.com site... and my friend told me to DL all the updates.. now my computer is super disgusting slow, and i was wondering what i can do to speed things up?

thanks
    oxoxox
    liz

2. mykl_c

mykl_c

leezso, what's your connection speed to the net (modem, adsl etc)? Which version windows? Anything in particular slow?
    Usually there'll be one update that must be installed seperately to the others (a service pack) - did this happen?

3. leezso

leezso Thread Starter

hi! yes.. there was a service pack.. was i suppose to go back to the site to DL it?? it says in the add/remove programs that the service pack is in there (windows service pack 4?)

my connection speed is dsl-- win 2000 pro (oops in wrong forum)

the things that are slow: accessing control panel.. doing anything on windows bascially except for stuff on the internet. everything is quick. (ie: switching from different MSN windows) even accessing internet explorer is SLOWWW.. what to do?

4. mykl_c

mykl_c

sORRY ABOUT SLOW RESPONSE. If the update site suggests the service pack there may have been updates to it after what you have on your pc. Try it anyway.
    How much RAM? Check your virtual memory settings and let us know.

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Did you download and install any driver updates at the Windows Update site? They are notoriuos for causing problems. I always suggest people ignore those updates and get any drivers updates from the hardware makers website.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice