1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow computer and freezing sound

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DarkWanderer, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkWanderer

DarkWanderer Thread Starter

Hi,

Since early december, my computer started to get slower and when I'm playing music and I scroll down the website, a popup from skype appears when I'm playing, it gets really slow. I've reinstalled windows, downloaded latest drivers and its brand new, and still the same slow poke stuff. I wonder if it´s hardware, but I can't tell.

Processor: Dual Core 2.8ghz
    Memory: 4gb DDR memory
    Video card:Nvidia GTX 460
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA G41M Combo

It used to be fast and play most of games, but now I can't even listen to music and browse websites.

Thanks.

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

What OS?
    Which browser?

How long after a boot before the problem appears?

If, when you are having the problem, you right click on the task bar and open task manager, you should be able to click on the "Processes" tab, sort with a click on the "CPU" column header, and then view running processes in order of how much CPU power they are using. This should help you find the culprit process or processes...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice