1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow computer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by crackerb, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackerb

crackerb Thread Starter

A few months ago I replaced the hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite P205-S6267. I had the original drive (130 g???) and still have it, but it was full and I didn't want to buy a new computer. I went to the Toshiba site and checked out the specs, found out the largest hard drive which could be installed was a 500Gig. I bought a Toshiba 500Gig, installed it, used the restore disk to load windows Vista and copied the files from the old onto the new (using transfer cables).

Recently, however, there seems to be a longer delay starting programs, going from one site to another in IE9 or even Firefox.

I have AVG PC Tune up installed and everything is optimized.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to what is slowing this system down. I've already upgraded the memory as high as it can go. Do I need to change the cache? change the RAM?......I've run virus checkers, malware, etc. I'm thinking something is running in the background. I have disabled all "add-ons"...I am now at a loss and it is making me nuts

Thanks for any ideas.:D

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice