Slow computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ponchofr

INFO:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
GPU: INTEL HD GRAPHICS 630
GPU: NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI

Long story short: Minecraft and other apps runs slower than it should, believe could be something messed up in settings or something.

LONG STORY:
So basically, I don't have neither a low-end or high-end laptop. But when I used to play Fortnite, I needed to find ways to boost my FPS, therefore I would go on YT and try to find methods to do this. I remember downloading some files that changes some hardware settings automatically, and I remember I did some weird thing to manually boost it. This did work, I would get like 130 FPS. But somewhere along the way after, something was slowing down my PC. Fortnite would FPS stutter ALOT, and I didnt know why. Then I quit Fortnite and got back into Minecraft. Found some ways to boost that FPS with lunar client etc and I was doing good. Anyways, now I only get like 30 FPS, where I should be getting like 200-300 FPS. And I also noticed other apps running slow, not just games. I believe it has something to do with something I did with the GPU or settings? Or maybe i need to change something?

It's your pc, and you don't remember what you did to it. You ought to write it all down in a notepad so that it is REPRODUCE-ABLE. like when you have to re-install your PC for some reason.

Here's one way to boost performance. Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Minimum power state > Plugged in > 25%.

Here's another one: Settings > Personalization > Colors > Transparemcy effects > Turn OFF

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We need more information about your computer, so please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online