Solved slow connection once when i get online, no malware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

abazhur

i was here at Security & Malware forum, a month or more ago, about this problem.
We did not find anything concerning viruses or malware. We uninstalled some heavy programs and after that, speed came back at a fantastic performance. However, it's like 2 weeks now, here I am again with the same problem.
There are times like now however, I find speed is not bad (which allowed for downloading SysInfo, otherwise no chance)

I read another similar thread still open here at 1st page. Based on that, I was thinking I need to troubleshoot whether the modem/router is or not the cause for this?
On the other hand, Task Manager shows more Chrome pages open than i really have, more than double usually. Some other programs also show double. Is that normal?
thank you. ( grammar error on post title, cannot edit, sorry)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8107 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 687478 MB, Free - 644950 MB; D: Total - 26272 MB, Free - 2655 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1977
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The way I understand it, not only does Chrome have the pages that you open but also the ones it needs to keep everything updated. At times it has a mind of it own and will be having a lot of traffic across your connection to the internet.

abazhur

"At times it has a mind of it own ..."
Actually this happens more often than not with my Chrome. Not with IE though.

What do you think of the modem as a possible cause?
I would have tried smth on my own but never dealt with the modem in such way, I mean troubleshooting it.

Thanks for taking your time.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Since you have this issue with Chrome but not IE, then I would say that the modem is not the issue.

Since you are using Windows 10, have you tried Edge?

abazhur

In difference from Chrome which multiplies in the background with browsing taking forever, IE stops right there with the error message 'Page cannot be displayed'. And that's it with IE.

Whereas, there is this pattern with Chrome. It all happens in two levels. First, it establishes the address in address bar, but no page yet - a blank screen. And it stops there.
Second step is the refresh (I give to it), and Chrome seems to resume where it stopped, to conclude with the display of the page.

these might be some useless details but I thought i should provide all information that's there, as far as i know, hoping there might be smth in it that helps. Thank you for your advice.

I have not tried Edge yet. Avoided it. However I might set some time for it these days, soon.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online