1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow down Movies or videos.**Help Me**

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kris78164, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kris78164

kris78164 Thread Starter

You see i love to dance....An i need a program that can slow down the speed of this dance routine i wanna learn so is there any good progames to do this?

2. kris78164

kris78164 Thread Starter

Is this possible?

3. linskyjack

linskyjack

Of course it is possible----I like Sony Vegas (the cheaper version) although there are many out there that will do this. It has velocity envelopes that allow you to do all the slo-mo and fast action you want. I'm not sure if there are any free NLE's that wil allow you to do this. The Sony product retails at 89 bucks---you can probably buy it cheaper on the street.

4. kris78164

kris78164 Thread Starter

Will it work wit mpg files?......Is there any other multimedia programs that can do this?

5. linskyjack

linskyjack

I wouldn't attempt it with mpeg files--mpeg's are highly compressed when you get them on the line---and don't lend themselves to the kind of intensive new compression that slo-mo would require. The best work flow is to bring the files in as DV (.avi, or .mov) , apply the slo-mo while editing, and then compress out to whatever format you need. I know that most every NLE does give you the ability to do slo-mo---Adobe Premiere Elements is another one. I recommend the Vegas product because it does a great job at this (and many other tasks), is rock stable and is very easy to use.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice