Slow download and streaming via browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tennismaster

Hi guys, my problem is that I have very slow download (about 20-40 kilobyte/s) using web-browser and I can't be able to keep up with the steams videos. The weird thing is that my download is normal speed when download using Torrent (about 200 kilobytes/s)

I have a 1.5mbit connection with ATT. I'm using a new pc with windows 7, firefox and chrome, mcafee internet security, I'm using WEP wireless ---linksys router. I tried connect directly but still same problem.

I tried dslreport and it said:

Speed Test #94626190 by dslreports.com
Run: 2011-01-18 19:18:47 EST
Download: 339 (Kbps)
Upload: 230 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 41.3 down 28 up
Boost: 2413
Latency: 30 ms
Tested by server: 68 flash
User: anonymous
User's DNS: bellsouth.net
Compared to the average of 268 tests from bellsouth.net:
* download is 84% worse, upload is 26% worse
Any ideas would be appreciated---thnx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts