1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow downloading & loss of sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pyrographer, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pyrographer

pyrographer Thread Starter

I changed from modem to A.T.& T. cable to speed up the Internaet and downloading time. Since the installation they had a server go bankrupt (Excise) and installed their own. After their installation, I have a much slower access to the Internet and the downloading takes about 16 seconds for every page. After the installation of an Ethernet board by ATT&T, I no longer have any sound. I contacted ATT&T and they tell me to go to their help page on the Internet. I am confused. :confused: Bob B.

2. brianF

brianF

For the sound problem, go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter.
    Go to the left hand frame, choose hardware environment, choose irq's. You should see a list in the right hand frame of your irq usage. Go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then paste the list back into this thread as a reply.

Also, go to start/settings/control panel/system/device manager/sound/ any yellow or red indicators, if so, click on it, select properties, what is the error message.

For the speed problem go here www.dslreports.com and in the tools section under tweaks run the test, it will report on problems with your settings and suggest fixes.

Not sure with the way at & t is having problems but worth a shot.
    I was lucky, got put back on my old media one network, didn't suffer the fate of some of you others.

3. crabman

crabman Guest

sounds like they dislogged your sound wire from the cd rom when they installed the ethernet card.and call road runner

4. brianF

brianF

email from user, please reply to the thread so everyone can see and help

Thanks for your info. I tried re-installing the AT&T Home Cable System software. To no avail. Still haven't any sound and the speed is still slow. I still get an error message, "A required .DLL file PCQUALAST.DLL was not found" I am afraid when the AT&T installation crew installed the ethernet card, they pulled the sound card. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice