1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow downloading speed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Smurfy911, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smurfy911

Smurfy911 Thread Starter

Hey forgive any computer illiteracy I have:p

I am running Windows Xp pro with hi-speed internet. I'm using a router and have zonealarm but have tried closing that and I don't know the first thing about the windows firewall. On my old computer I downloaded faster than most computers. Since getting my new one however my download speed tends to max out around 30 kb/s. There is no spyware(I have done multiple checks) and no viruses exist on it, I've looked at ports and can not figure out which port would be slowing down every single download. I've reconfigured my router and that solved nothing and I have closed all applications and restarted etc... Also It is not the location of where I am downloading from, i've downloaded stuff from Australia at 35 kb/s yet a friend sending me something over ICQ, MSN or AOL from 2 blocks away maxes at 25 kb/s.

Also it's not the fact that im using IE, i've tried using dl accelerators and firefox, nothing helps.

Plz help!

2. Smurfy911

Smurfy911 Thread Starter

Anyone.....?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/459428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice