Slow Ethernet, Fast Wi fi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ghostcolors

I've been using direct ethernet connection for the past 2 months with no problems. Online gaming. Several days ago, ethernet speeds dropped below 1 mbps upload and same for download. I tried a different cable, updating ethernet drivers, reseting modem. Nothing working.
Network was set up by landlord - using google wifi which shouldn't affect me and a tp-link TL-SG105.
Wifi speeds are fine. Noticed the problem when downloading lastest BF5 patch.
Any suggestions?

ghostcolors

11 ping
download .93 mbps
upload .74 mbps

not seeing whether it's 100mbps or 1gbps?

Also - yesterday, everything went back to normal. Speed was great, thought I was in the clear, then it reverted back to crap like it's been for a week. :(

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
The best test is to see if you get the same issue by connecting directly to the modem and see if you get the same result. What modem do you have and who is your provider?

It's possible that your service is also having issues.

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
As to the speed, go to Network and Sharing Center then click on your connection and you will see what the link speed is.

upload_2019-1-24_8-21-44.png

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online