1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow frame rate playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by lepbanana, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lepbanana

lepbanana Thread Starter

I am running a machine with following;
    -AMD 2.2GHZ 3500 processor
    -1GIG ram
    -ATI Radeon xpress 200m (with 128mb dedicated memory)
    -WinXP SP2

I have trouble running games that have requirements that are much less than what my computer has. For example Call of Duty 2, it is not playable unless i turn down all the graphics, and even then the graphics skip sometimes. Come to think of it i cannot play any DirectX 9 game. I have tried to remove spyware and stuff, but it didn't work. My graphics card supports Directx 9 100%

If you have any suggestions please help!

2. McTimson

McTimson

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

You should also be somewhat careful playing games, since laptops (I assume you have a laptop since it's running a Radeon Express card) were not really designed for gaming. WHen you play, make sure there's enough space under and around the laptop for the cooling fans and vents to get access to cool air, otherwise it will heat up very quickly.

3. lepbanana

lepbanana Thread Starter

My Driver is updated, and the game still doesn't work. My computer has no problem playing F.E.A.R and Halflife2. But cant play Call of Duty 2 when using directx 9, nor can i play Chronicles of Riddick.

4. gaftop1

gaftop1

i couldn't play cod2 either with dx9 . changed to dx7 and plays fine

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice