Slow Frame Rates??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ironhalo

so im running a home brewed comp for high end DCC and gaming. my setup is as follows:

Asus P4P800 Deluxe-E Mobo
pentium 4 3.0 ghz HT 800 mhz 1mb fsb
2gigs ddr, 2700
80 gig10k rpm Raptor sata hdd
160 gig maxtor hdd
BFG geforce 6800gt OC. Note on the card, its been soft modded to be a quadro fx 4000.

in maya it runs like a dream, but in games it runs really poorly. now i know that an fx4000 isnt a game card, but on my brothers computer (exact same mobo, proc and 1 gig ram, same vid card) he was getting 60 fps. i get 20-25. i tested this both on softmodded and straight drivers. his comp ran games faster? any ideas?

ironhalo

update:

i just ran aquamark 3 for some benchmark comparisons. my overall fps ended up being 22 fps :( it shoudl be at least double that..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online