1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow games

Discussion in 'Games' started by rev1065, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I have no problems with speed when surfing but when I play (any) game that has animation the game slows to a crawl.
    To better explain when I click on an object to move it can take from 3 sec up to 5 min before anything happens. I have baseball 2001 and empire mythology which are animated and cause this problem. I have tried to adjust my RAM virtual memory but it doesnt help. I have tried shutting down everything except the game but nothing helps.

2. scmazter

scmazter

What about your video card? It is the single most important thing when playing graphical games.
    Select 'run' from the start menu, and type dxdiag, then go to 'display' bar, and there should be some info on your graphics card. Post it here and leme and others see.

3. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

lets see if this works

Attached Files:

4. animalhouz

animalhouz

I read what you have there and I see that you are running Only 112ram. Thats not good at all most are now running 256 or 512. I'm Running 768 with the same CPU as you are. That 1.7g Is not going to do you any good if you have it bottlenecked in a 112 ram chip. See if you can add more ram (if there is more slots or ungrade the one you have now). If your Ram should be higher than what it shows you might have a bad ram chip or you info is bad.

5. McTimson

McTimson

Adding more RAM will help, but you should also look into getting a new video card as well if you want to play games. The only thing you can do for now is reduce graphics options in the games, do spyware and adware checks, defrag the hard drive, stuff like that. Getting another stick of RAM will definitely improve the situation, and you'l notice a huge improvement right away.

6. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I know how to change virtual settings but how do I change RAM?

7. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

i ran a complete diagnostic and this it what it said.
    2D graphics/ ops6462/
    208 video memory corruption
    Does this tell you anything?

8. McTimson

McTimson

To add more RAM, you have to buy another stick of it from your local computer store.

I have no idea what that means, but the 'video memory corruption' part can't be good...

9. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

ok thanks know how much a stick cost on average?

10. brindle

brindle

Ram is cheap check out crucial for memory upgrades.

11. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

thanks alot

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice