Solved Slow HP laptop startup

AntonHennessy

Hi,
I've got a HP ZBook 14u G4 running Windows 10.

The issue I'm having is that the loading screen gets stuck when I boot up the laptop. After I factory reset the laptop a couple months ago, it takes about five minutes to boot (which only took about five seconds before).

The problem is in the “protected by HP sure start” startup screen. First the screen is frozen, after about five minutes it's starts loading.

IMG_6920.jpgIMG_6921.jpg
Is there any way to solve the problem?

Oddba11

Jim
Just a guess, but I suspect Sure Start was disabled before you performed the factory reset.

Oddba11

Jim
I only know what I read about it yesterday. It's purpose is protection for the BIOS. So if you would get some sort of infection which corrupted the BIOS, the software would restore it for you. If you are a fairly safe browsing person, I don't see that it's needed at all. Most malware or virus that people pickup up simply corrupt their HDD or data, not do low level corruption to something like the BIOS.

In any case, that's just a guess. There could be all sorts of things that have changed depending on how you performed your factory reset. I would start by reviewing the BIOS config to ensure things are configured correctly and stuff that you don't use is disabled. After that, continue down the path of investigating all of the bloatware that is likely running by default on an OEM machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts