1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SLow internet connection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Airplane1, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airplane1

Airplane1 Thread Starter

I need some help with my laptops internet connection. It's an older Dell Inspiron with an external Linksys wireless-g usb adapter which connects to my desktop. A few days ago all of a sudden I could't logon to my homepage at all (SBC Yahoo DSL). After several attempts to trouble shoot my connection it didn't get much better. FYI the desktop that the laptop is connected to with the Linksys adapter works just fine. I have uninstalled the software for Yahoo and am trying to use Firefox to get on the web which I can now do but the connection is very very slow still. In the connection section of the control panel it has a dial up connection selected as the default I'm not sure if that is correct of not. I'm not sure what to do now. Any help or info would be very much apreciated, as you can tell by my post I'm not very "computer savy".

Thaks for any help.

2. experttech

experttech

Click Tools - Internet options in the Internet explorer

1. Delete cookies , history and files in the internet options
    2. Set default settings for all internet zones
    3. Clear the ssl cache
    4. Reset advanced settings for IE and uncheck third party browser extension in the options on the advanced tab.
    5. Reset IE browser to default settings

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice