Slow internet during phone call

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bassamnz

I have noticed this many times. If a phone call comes the internet slows down considerably. It disconnects from any online game. stops any download. It is not a dial up. it is broadband. somebody please help.

what is your setup? like what isp do you have and do you only have a broadband modem/router or the modem and another separate router connected to the broadband modem? and when did this problem start happening?

Call back whoever connected your broadband!
Kick their butt if you have to.

They have obviously mis-matched your connection, as broadband is carried on a separate high speed line than your phone!

bassamnz

I dunno when it started. But i noticed it about three weeks ago. My ISP is BT (British Telecoms) I have a filter connected to the port. The filter seperares out to phone and Broadband. Phone line connects to the phone. The Broadband connects to a Belkin wireless/Ethernet Router. My computer is connected thru ethernet.

PS - I am leaving BT in january

So your ISP is a phone company? That might explain it. I'm guessing you're in England, do they have cable tv there? Maybe you could get a cable broadband internet connection.

That filter may have broken down, this is what it sounds like to me.

BT has quite a decent system as they have a good reputation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online