Slow internet featuring- "This page can't be displayed"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kuy

Very Slow dial-up but have tried cellular broadband which works only marginally better. The broadband in fact would be roughly the speed of what dial-up used to be on Windows 95 many years ago, I used to watch short videos then but cannot even do audio clips now unless I download them first. Some web pages and parts of many others will not load at all regardless of reloading many times. Tried Firefox, Opera and several different modems.

Computer -Win 7 64bit 4 core Compaq 4gig ram 3Ghz processor. All updates. Reinstalling Windows on a NEW HD made no difference and as a test I went on line with nothing on the HD not even the (AVG) antivirus, made zero describable difference. I ran a few checks on the computer hardware and everything was OK, have also had the telephone co. check the lines and I even Changed ISP's. Any driver update attempts has always indicated the best driver is already installed.

Two things I would really really really like to know for sure -
(A) Why will a page often fail to load regardless of how much time you give it and then display INSTANTLY after you give up and disconnect?
(B) I read of some setting a while back which was supposed to make a page attempt reload 10 times and tried it but it didn't help one byte. .... So..... is there some utility available that will DISABLE the the error message "This page can't be displayed" (and perhaps a few other assorted excuses) and reload the page AUTOMATICALLY as many times..... and for as looooooooooong as it takes without having to sit here clicking clicking clicking clicking clicking clicking clicking clicking clicking...?
Thanks a million.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online