1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow internet speeds. slow web browsing.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by KyoSama, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KyoSama

KyoSama Thread Starter

Hi, I just got Comcast internet a few weeks ago. They supplied us with a Motorola sb5120 surfboard modem. Ive noticed that it gets really slow, I mean soooo slow that 56k beats it by a lot. The downloads of the web start at 25k and diminish to nothing and the download cancels.

The Internet did run great the first week or so, it recently did this.

Oh yea and if it means anything, In task manager under the networking tab it says Network Utilization is under 1% most of the time and other times its jumping around like crazy {ex. 17%, 2%, 3%, 14%, 8%, 1%, 16%}

Well thanks to anyone who can help!! :)

KyoSama

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. gearhonk

gearhonk

Are you running SP2?

4. KyoSama

KyoSama Thread Starter

No, I'm not using sp2. Do you think it would help to get it? Ive heard that it helps some people and others it just screws them over and they can't use windows anymore and need to reinstall windows.

5. gearhonk

gearhonk

I've heard the horror stories as well, but there's another issue not often mentioned which essentially slows down your computer by restricting the number of sockets one's browser is capable of using. I'm demoing a fix I found for it now--seems to be working. I think I remember the site saying it works on all wondows OS versions.

6. KyoSama

KyoSama Thread Starter

where can I find this fix?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice