1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daredevil09, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daredevil09

daredevil09 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion dv5120us Notebook PC and its running really slow now. How can I make it run faster? I want to try to erase pretty much everything on it and start out new, nothing on it is worth saving anyways, I need some advice on how to go on doing this before trying it.

1024MB memory, 100GB hard drive, AMD Turion 64 processor ML-32 with PowerNow technology

2. gomes

gomes

Reformat your PC if you don't care about saving any of your files. Do you have a reformatting disc by the manufacturer (HP), or do you have a Windows XP/Vista CD? Please come to understand as well that a computer isn't something to be left alone; you have to take care of it. Just like a car, you change your oil, rotate your tires, etc, to keep it in decent shape. A computer is no different. Download an anti virus, and an anti spyware program for starters to help enhance your computer's ability to do things. In addition, disk cleanup and disk defragmenter are already applications put on your computer and they work wonders :)

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

3 things I can suggest. Run these 2 online scanners:
    www.bitdefender.com
    www.ewido.net
    and then go into startup and uncheck everything except for antivirus, anti spyware and 3rd party firewall if one in use. "Run, msconfig,ok, startup"

4. brandonbr

brandonbr

I would just say re-install xp/vista. Thats a good notebook you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice