slow loading aps....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tfavro

got an odd problem. New computer. P4 2.8, 2gigs ram, 80gig serial hd, 80 gig ata100 Hd... and so on.

Everything was running fine. Now whenever I run an ap, it's slow. I can't figure it out. It takes a second or two before the system even starts to load the selected ap. (or so it seems) This problem appears to be the same with any application I try to load. Also, simple windows fuctions suffer from the same problem. Right right clicking on my computer and selecting "properties." Or when I run something in the control panel.

Anyone got any ideas? I have done everything I can think of. I checked for viruses, spyware, defraged the hd, and so on. I am out of ideas.

Please help!

-Tim Favro

When I buy new computers, I just love erasing them and setting them up completey myself.

Seems that the manufactures love to put all the extra stuff on new systems.

Clean installed XP systems run so nice.

jameso321

tfavro

I agree with you. I guess I should have mentioned that I baught all the parts for this computer and put it together myself. As well as did a fresh install of xp. Guess it's not fresh anymore, not sure what happened.

-Tim

I guess its time to take this Adware route

here is a quote from a Senior Member

If you read these forums a lot you will recognize all this -
Do any of the following if you have not already

Original Author: Bluespruce

Originally posted by BlueSpruce:

Download CWShredder Log offline , Close all Browser windows , Check the Taskbar for minimized windows as well , Hit the ''Fix->''button then restart your computer.

Next , Download Spybot Search & Destroy Open Spybot Search & Destroy (Click Start , Programs , Spybot S&D (Advanced Mode) Click online , Search for updates , Download all available updates. Log offline , Close all Browser windows , Click ''Check for Problems'' , Put a check in every entry Spybot Search & Destroy detects and click ''Fix Selected Problems''.

Download , Update , Configure , and run Ad-Aware 6 Build 181 following the instructions in the Ad-Aware 6: Reference guide by Winchester73.

On the IE Toolbar , Click Tools , Internet Options , Security , ''Internet'' , Click ''Default Level'' You want the slider set to Medium. Select ''Restricted Sites'', Click ''Default Level''You want the slider set to High.

Create a New Folder in C:\ and name it -> ie-spyads . Download IE-SPYAD.ZIP Extract the IE-spyad files to the new C:\IE-spyad Folder , Click Install.bat , Select option #2 (#4 is optional) then exit.

Install Javacool'sSpywareBlaster v3.0. Press ''Enable all Protection''.

On your Taskbar , Press Start > Find > Files or Folders , Copy and paste the following (in red) into the search box -> *.tmp,*.chk,~*.* Press ''Find Now''. Delete all .tmp Files found to the Recycle bin. (On the Toolbar , Press Edit > Select All > Press File > Delete)

When you're finished , Rescan Hijack This , Return to this thread and please show us a follow-up scanlog.

Good luck

I would use ctr-alt-del and look at the processes in the task manager. Anything there in the high%??

Also if you think something is running that is causing this you can look at the file monitor in real time almost with this tool.

Filemon from Sysinternals

http://www.sysinternals.com/files/NTFILMON.ZIP

If I think something is up to something ill turn that on for a while and look at the activity. I like it.

I have always been a fan of the Sysinternals apps

tfavro

Thanks for all the info.

Too bad I had no other choice but to to a fresh install. I had no choice, for when all this great info was posted this forum was down! (last weekend). Still though, at least it's not all in vain. I have installed all the applications and read the guides, so I can keep myself protected for the future!

Thanks again for all your help!

-Tim

karbo

Banned
I have the same problem and I've been writing about it everywhere (here included). It has nothing to do with adware or spyware. I ran every possible program to prove it. The only solution I think is to reinstall Windows XP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online