1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SLOW LOADING: IS IT XP OR MY "HiGH SPEED" CONNECTION?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CanAm, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CanAm

CanAm Thread Starter

Some days my XP is so slow to load websites that I have to restart my IP several times. Some days my IP loads just fine. Lately I have noticed that I have more problems in the afternoon. Could it be my high speed cable connection?

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi first check with your IP - see if they have a problem at their end - at that time of the day.

3. CanAm

CanAm Thread Starter

It's not only my primary IP which is AOL. I have checked and the same thing happens on Internet Explorer too. That's why I was thinking it might be my high speed cable.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Who is your ISP? AOL? What connection package? Or are you on a cable modem using AOL? Either way, why AOL? If you are paying for Cable HSI, I would drop the AOL and just use Internet Explorer, or Firefox for browsing.

Do you have a router as well? Other PCs? Does anything else run on the PC at these times? Say a virus scan?

5. CanAm

CanAm Thread Starter

I like AOL, but thank you for your oppinion. I have a high speed cable modem with a wireless router for my desktop and my family's laptops. Nothing else runs during the times I'm online, which is about from 11AM to 3PM PST. I don't ALWAYS have this problem in the afternoon. Some days it happens all day, somedays it happens in the afternoon, and somedays not at all.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!