1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow motion gaming bug?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mattii, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattii

mattii Thread Starter

hey guys.. well ijust bought myself halo on pc an also midnight club 2 on pc.. and iinstalled them with direct x 9 as it says u need it. ok i done all that and iwent in to go and play midnight club 2. Everything seemed fine at first but when iactually got into the game it was verrrrry slow but it was still smooth as my framerate was on about 60.. and then i exited and tried halo and it done the same freakin' thing! can some body or anybody help me with my woes? please i'm begging u! (i didnt pay $85x2 for nothing!)

2. RSM123

RSM123

Hi,

Welcome to TSG.

First can you supply more info on your setup :

CPU / Mobo / Ram / Graphics Card.

Also -

Are you closing down apps that are runing in the background ?

Have you searched for later drivers for your graphics card ?

Have you checked the actual main game website for any patches that have been released ?

You might also get some useful feedback if you check HALO fansites as many have forums like this one where people report bugs, suggest fixes, etc ....

3. mattii

mattii Thread Starter

hey thnx for replying.. well i got the latest patch for halo and yet it still has this slow motion bug.. and i can't seem to fix it i got my latest drivers for vid card and direct x.. and yer its still doing it.. well my specs are: pentium 3 866mhz, ge-force 4 mx440 64meg ram(latest drivers), 648meg ram, 30 gb hard disk.. well i'm sure my comp specs r up to it! so yer any more feed back will be greatly appreciated

4. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

hmm 866mhz might be making it go very slow..lol

maybeu should consideron putting more mhz

my computer also has 866mhz and it cant run most of the new games

5. mattii

mattii Thread Starter

hey death dealer do ureckon that? cause i msure 640mb of ram should be enough to back it up? thats what i dont under stand.. i can play games like sof 2 and all verry fast but i just got midnight club 2 and halo and they run wierd.. its like everything is slowmotion, but when a move the mouse the frames are buttery smooth.. ?? how wierd ? can some1 help plz!!

6. vesselle

vesselle

what about sof2? have you tried playing it since you installed mc2 and halo?
    what version of dx were you running before you installed these 2 games? if you were running the latest dx and installed 9 on top of it, you could find yourself in all kinds of problems. :(

V***V

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

i only have 196ram.. lol

8. Doomsday123

Doomsday123

I have a 1.8Ghz, 1GB DDR Ram, Geforce FX 5200 128MB DDR Ram and sometimes it runs kinda slow. Well, it runs alright but it doesnt run perfect :) I think that it is your ram and cpu :D all i can suggest is upgrading or buying a new comp :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice