1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow motion to regular speed.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Daekin, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daekin

Daekin Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor, x86 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3327 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 109746 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78-EMH HDMI
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have been having this issue randomly for a long time, just stopped playing the games instead of finding the problem. When I play some games, the graphics will slow down for about 10 seconds, then go normal speed again like nothing happened. I can't remember the games off the top of my head besides Need For Speed, but what made me actually look into it is I am trying to play Star Ocean 3 on(PCSX2) a PS2 emulator. (My BIOS and ISO, not pirated) and this is happening. I figured it has to be something going on, if my computer wasn't up to snuff, it would run slow all the time. But it will go back up to 60 FPS, more if I speed hack it. But even on full speed hack I still get the slow down to around 40FPS and it makes the game slow motion for a few seconds until it ramps back up. Any help would be appreciated.

2. shadow6224

shadow6224

Hello!
    Have you tried seeing if there is an update for the graphics card? I, surprisingly, have the same card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice