1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow motion video and no audio, all browsers, multiple sites

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jharness1990, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jharness1990

jharness1990 Thread Starter

Hello, banging my head against the brick wall of another conundrum. I've just started having an issue where all video (youtube, dailymotion, etc) is stuttering and playing like 5 or 10 frames a sec (just a guesstimate). Also doesn't play any sound except this weird distorted audio. I'm fairly sure the aliens aren't contacting me. [​IMG]

This has occurred in firefox, chrome, IE, and Edge. Private mode and normal, though few addons anyway.

Scoured the internet but about every thread I could find ended quickly and usually with instructions on updating drivers. This problem has even occurred before and at that time, updating my video card did the trick. I've confirmed that both audio and video drivers are updated, have restarted multiple times, I've checked and seen Hyper V is off, tried with and without hardware accel, run system troubleshoot (which only returns error of 'troubleshoot logs taking too much space on drive.' It then proceeds to tell me there is like 0.024 gb of space taken, so like 240ish meg?)

Not 100% certain what logs or dxdiag to include or anything, but I'm running a homebuilt:

Win10 pro x64
    AMD FX quad core 3.6 ghz proc
    16 gb ram
    Nvidia GTX 1050

Please help! Now that I have kids I do less gaming and have to live vicariously through YT gaming.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BWjCEtiK83KAh47A9

link to screenclip of my system after like 45 seconds of a random twitch stream.

HALP!

Update:

Just tried an online clip, same issue, downloaded it, got the issue on the win10 default media player, though in VLC video was fine, but no sound.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice