1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kosek86, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kosek86

kosek86 Thread Starter

I have my pc connected to a routher planet wrt-410, and also 3 other computers are connected to this routher, i have a problem with the speed of network, when i transfer files between the computers conncected on this routher i get only 14% of the speed, i can see that speed in the menu of windows when i press control-alt-del. How can i speed up my connection. It needs about 20min to transfer a film with 700mb. I have also instaled on my pc netlimiter and norton internet security 2004.

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Well if you have wireless b it will take a long time, it took me an entire afternoon to transfer 4gb of stuff to another pc with wireless b.

Thats why I love having my PC hardwired to the router. Much faster.

3. kosek86

kosek86 Thread Starter

no i have all the pc's connected with cable

4. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

Hmm, i'm not much of a networking guy, defective router maybe? Or something messed up in router settings?

5. Akito

Akito

Try turning off the firewalls and netlimiter.

If that makes a difference, then we can go from there.

Also, make sure all pc's are connected @ 100mbps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice