Slow operating system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kerrlake

I have a new Gateway P4, 1700cx system...whenever I open Internet Explorer and/or click on a link, it takes about 55 seconds for the system to re-act..Is this normal and if not, what do I do to correct it? Thanks

First thing is go into msconfig and remove all programs not needed at startup. I have a list of most of the programs and what they are in msconfig so you can see if you need the program at startup or not. Also instructions on how to remove them.

http://rselby98.go2click.com/Windows.html#6

Second you might want to clean the hard drive.

Instructions are at this site and are marked with 3 red X's behind them.

http://rselby98.go2click.com/Windows

kerrlake..............if its a brand new system it does take a while to "burn in" the processor but yours sounds kinda too slowww!
an off the shelf system needs a little "tweeking" to get it up to speed.......try to stay away fron the "speed boost" programs for now cos you will only clog up your h/d with sh@t thats not really neccessary.....if your confident,here is a good site to start with,lots of info on how to really make that baby fly.

www.3dspotlight.com/guides.shtml

come back in and let us know how you do.
good luck.
:)

WOOPS!..forgot to say .......ricks tips should be tried 1st of all before anything else.....then go pay a visit to 3ds.
and rick............great sig btw.;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online