Slow PC after power outage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kuo03498

My laptop computer was on during a power outage. After I reboot, the computer works but at an unbelievable slow speed. Everything it does will take more than 100 times longer. I reformat the hard drive (curiously, that happened in normal speed) and tried to re-install Win2000. I observed that during the first phase of installation, it progressed in normal speed. However, right after the window started, it began to crawl. I assumed that it has something to do with the way the win2000 preforms certain I/O function that is different than let's say DOS. Any idea what happened to me and how to fix it?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd start by resetting the BIOS to factory defaults, it sounds like something is scrambled there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online