1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow PC CD-RWs?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by cybergum, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybergum

cybergum Thread Starter

I have a pretty slow computer (686 to Pentium upgrade, 120mhz) running Win95, and I plan on getting a cd-rw drive. But for slow computers all I've heard is bad things about them. Does anybody recommend and drives that will work well with lower speeds? Any help is appreciated.

2. pfoerste

pfoerste

My son-in-law has a 686/166 with 64mb ram. He has a Phillips, don't know the model, and he burns some. He gets some coasters, but every time I go over there, some time called, they have done no maintaince, temp files are full and all kind of programs running in the back ground.
    After I gave him Sony Extreme and he got rid of easy creator things got better. If he would just clean up before burning, I think there would be no problem.
    :rolleyes:

3. deuce

deuce

Can you up grade to 200Mhz? At 120Mhz you aren't going to get a lot of models to choose from. Most cdrw require that you have at least 200Mhz or 266Mhz PII. If you can upgrade to 200 you will get more to choose from and be able to get a faster burner. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice