Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow PC normal on one subnet, Then very slow on another subnet..why?

928 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Yakiba 
#1 ·
Systems Specs

Dell Optiplex GX1
Win 2000 installed, Office 2000 installed, Trend Micro on, Winzip, Acrobat,
192 MEG RAM, Pentium 3 Processor having Service Pack 4 with all the security updates done via Internet April 2005.

And the PC works absoultely fine.

But the problem arises when I moved this PC over to another subnet which is part of the WAN that this and my subnet is part of.
Gave it a static ip address with a default gateway and all the WINS and DNS servers addresses.
When I startup, it takes an hr to load system & network settings...very frustrating..

what is wrong?
ODAU

#2 ·
When it finally does load, is your CPU running at 100% or close to it? Or does it just take forever to load and then works fine? Can you be a little more specific about what you've changed or done to move it to the second subnet? You might be getting alot of collisions working with the second subnet, depending on what kind of hardware you're using to load all the network settings and stuff.

#3 ·
When it Finally loads, it works 100% fine.

Its just the startup/loading bit that is causing me nuts.

I aint using any software to load network settings. I am manually going into properties of My Network Place properties and then accesing the properties of Internet Protocol in the Local Area Connection option and giving it an Static IP address, with the default gateway. DNS server & WIN server addresses.

Hope that was understood.

ODAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.