1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow pc, plug-in has crashed: Shockwave flash and skype click to call

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by christine_tky, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. christine_tky

christine_tky Thread Starter

After receiving a msg “welcome to nginx!” in every website that I go to using any browser even after deleting browsing history, my pc was reformatted. However it became extremely slow, it always hangs and I receive the msgs: “The following plug-in has crashed: skype click to call” and “The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave flash”. I have deleted browsing history as advised, downloaded Shockwave Flash in the adobe site and updated java, same thing. What do I do next?

Thanks!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 991 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238368 MB, Free - 225239 MB; D: Total - 238467 MB, Free - 168500 MB;
    Motherboard: Emaxx Technologies, Inc, EMX-MCP61M2-iCafe
    Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Not Updated

2. pip22

pip22

I would first get a hard drive diagnostic test out of the way before looking elswhere - just as a "first step" in troubleshooting the cause. If the hard drive passes with flying colours - hooray - at least you know it's not that.

Test it with the drive manufacturer's own diagnostic software, links here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Or you can use Seagate SeaTools to test any hard drive, regardless of brand: http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=552bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

3. christine_tky

christine_tky Thread Starter

Hi,

I installed seagate using the link, after running the software, serial number, model number, Firmware revision, drive satus and test status are all blank. What does this mean?

Thanks again!

4. history111

history111

Do uninstall the crashed plugin and re-install it if you didn't tried that. Do a complete scan with your antivirus and more importantly you should update it regularly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050040