1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by uly7, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola
    I recently bought and install Diskepper 8.0, "to make my machine faster"
    However, I have notice that when I open anything in Photoshop CS, now it takes forever to open.
    The other possible "thing" that may be affecting Photoshop is that, after the installation of an update to GoLive, (update 7.02) I did restore my computer, and Photoshop started acting weird: Asking for registration, filters that didn’t work, errors, and files that it just didn’t open at all.
    After register again, Shift/Ctrl/Alt, Photoshop was back on track…but is sooooooo slow. Any Ideas why this may happen?
    I have a PC, with XP, Pentium 4, and I gig of Rambus memory.
    I should have enough memory to run faster or at least as it used to run.
    Thanks for your help.
    Uly7

2. Rockn

Rockn

I believe once you reset the presets it alos resets the location of your scratch disk and their default size. Check the scratch disks and make sure they are on a seperate drive from the drive and partition that PS is installed on.

3. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Thanks
    One problem, I don't have my hard drive in partitions. It's all in one piece.
    Before the update and Diskeeper, my computer wasn't fast, but it wasn't this slow either. I don't know man, I don't know what happen. :(
    Thanks.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Might be wise to get a second hard drive anyway just for a scratch disk. I am sure diskkeeper is constantly scanning the drive and optimizing it. Look for anything in your startup that seems related to diskkeeper.

5. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

I'm in the process to buy a new hard drive, maybe next month or so, than I can keep this hard drive that I have now, only for Photoshop.
    I've check for diskeeper and it's not running in the back at all. However, I allocate more scratch disk memory to photoshop and seems better.
    Thanks Rockn.
    Have a good day amigo.
    Uly7

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice