1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slow processor and sudden turn off (possible of overheat)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by XzRc, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XzRc

XzRc Thread Starter

first of all, I'm very sorry if I'm not posting this in the right board.
    secondly, I'm sorry for my poor english in the following thread.

Well...I'm recently facing a auto turnoff issue on my acer aspire 4935.
    I has been happening for 3days.
    It was not a shutdown, but a "bius“ sound and everthing became black (turned off).
    It happened when I was playing a game and the cpu usage was probably staying at 100% for about an hour.
    After the sudden turn off, the laptop didn't restart, and when I started it again, before it reached the login page the laptop turned off again.
    I have to wait for a few minutes then only I can start it.

After using a program called "speedfan", I observed the GPU value and it raised to 100C ++ when I'm playing the game. The values in the "core 0" and "core 1" entries weren't
    seem like changing, they always remain the same since the program is started untill I restart the laptop.
    However, I believe that it is a overheat issue, even the surface of the wooden table, the position right under my laptop is damn hot.

And before this, started about 3 weeks ago, my laptop easily get to 100% cpu usage. I checked the task manager and it seems to be normal (nothing weird that busts up the usage), there are all recognized programs, but before 3 weeks ago they weren't taking that much of usage, I'm not sure what's happening. =(

I'm don't know whether my fan is working or not, I'm going to call the customer service tomorrow, but I would like to get more infos from you guys before I do so.

So, it is a overheat issue?
    Thanks for your help and sorry for disturbing you guys=)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/865836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice