1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow program usage over mapped network drive

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pepethegaywaiter, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pepethegaywaiter

pepethegaywaiter Thread Starter

I have 4 computers and 2 printers connected to a linksys workgroup switch and a linksys router. All 4 of these computers use a mapped drive to access a program from a server specifically for sharing this program. Another computer from a different state connects to the server remotely to run the program and it is blazing fast. The other four computers lock up when trying to print and perform other basic functions. I have tried connecting to the server remotely from the local computers and it works perfectly. Obviously it is the mapped drive that is bogging down the computer. At most only 3 of the computers run the program. The terminal server is a dual 2.8 ghz xeon, it's perfectly capable. Would it be possible for three users to run the program at the same time from the server while connected via the RDP? Could I create a link to start a remote desktop connection to the terminal server and load the program without the users having to make more than one click?

2. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

Yes, this should be entirely possible, i run something similar to this set up with my game servers

3. pepethegaywaiter

pepethegaywaiter Thread Starter

Awesome! How would I go about creating that shortcut I referred to?

4. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

for that you will have to play with login scripts

good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594257