1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slow response to links in address bar of I.E.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jds, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jds

jds Thread Starter

Hi!

I am using wimdows ME and internet explorer 5.5. When I use the arrow button in the address bar for the link, some times it takes over 10 to 15 seconds to open the link box which contains only about 20 links. I am running PII, 333 meg with 224 M Ram.

JDS

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It is probably due to some corruption of the History cache. Try the suggestion in this link. Also clear the History cache. You will need to rebuild those entries.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q251/7/87.ASP

If none of that works, you may need to clear the History cache through DOS. In WinME you would need to use a boot disk, then from the a:\> prompt enter.

c:
    cd windows
    deltree history

remove the boot disk and ctrl-alt-del to reboot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice